Friday, November 6, 2009

This is creative space

It’s one thirty in the afternoon. Henry, Ang and Mia just left in my car. I was so hoping I’d come home and Henry would be at daycare and Angie already at Mia’s. So…another hour goes by. But it was a lovely hour.

Henry wanted to come outside with me and explore the woods. I held his hand while he climbed on a fallen tree that made an almost perfect climbing ramp. After several ups and downs, he asks, “Can I go there, Umma?” I say, “Yes. Go explore,” and off he’d go. Then he’d turn and look at me. He couldn’t get much more than 20 paces in any direction before the woods closed in. I tossed Sam the ball. Kept one eye on Henry, and watched, only a little impatiently for his Mom to come get him. I’d been dreaming: Four whole hours!

Mia asked me to throw a load of her laundry in behind my own. It’s not so bad, although I didn’t do it yet, and I did kick Simeon out of the cabin. He wanted attention. I had to draw the line somewhere, and luckily he didn’t stand outside the window meowing to come back in.

I came home so excited to get here…smell the smells…be back in my space on an unexpected afternoon “off,” having worked this morning instead. My client likes to bowl with the guys on Friday afternoons. I love my mornings, but for being in the cabin, the afternoon is better at this time of year for it having had a chance to warm up. I’ve got my hooded sweatshirt on. It’s perfect. Not even my hands are cold.

Now what?

This is creative space.

No comments:

Post a Comment