Saturday, February 27, 2010

Taking a break from doing taxes




Not that you’re still waiting breathlessly but I forgot to tell you about what I wore and how I did my hair for my first post “launch” book talk. I was debating a few posts back between orange and dull, bold or blah, wondering if there was anything in my closet besides the new shirt and scarf I’d bought for the launch, or the new orange shirt and vest I’d gotten for Christmas.

Well, at some point in my day, I noticed that I’ve got these two pictures of me in my writing room. Mia gifted me with them (already framed, or they’d never be “up”) and they’re both from the same night. She occasionally insists that I do something fun or at least encourages me to grab a friend and hang out at a bar or an art event with her and her friends. These photos were taken on such a night in a bar where a band was playing and me and my friend Mary were feeling pretty loose. One picture is of me and Mary and one of me and Mia. I’m wearing an olive drab sweater with my vintage Levi jeans jacket. When I noticed them, I thought, “I look good in that,” and that is what I wore.

(I'll try to post these pics. Right now they're on my husband's computer and so it'll have to wait.)

Angie French braided my hair in the morning and in the evening, when it was still, (as it always is no matter what I do) damp, I unraveled it and let it hang loose. It felt like a lot of hair and I wanted really badly to pull it back and get it off my face, but I didn’t. And I never thought of it again or of what I was wearing once I got going. That’s all that matters. That’s what I look for when I dress every day. As long as I don’t ever think about it again, I’m cool.

Just thought I’d let you know.

P.S. What you wear is what you write about while you're taking a break from doing your taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment